(Caught: Donny & Annie in the creek)
These five ingredients are essential to growing boys.
1. A Dog - every boy should have a dog, and every dog should have a boy.
2. Balls - footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, tennis balls, bouncy balls, ping pong balls, the more the better! My boys have had a love affair with sports since they were toddlers.
3. Legos or some sort of building materials - Lincoln Logs, connecting magnets, etc. Let them build. Taking things apart and putting them back together.
4. Outdoor time - A huge space to run, a creek to explore, a tree to climb, sand or dirt to dig in, and time outside to get dirty and explore.
5. Another male to wrestle with - Boys need physical contact and someone to rough house with. It's just nature for them.
What do you think boys need?