What was I doing 10 years ago?
I had just turned 21 years old and was finally legal to drink. I'd been married for almost two years and had a baby. I was working in children very part time and staying at home with my little Donny the rest of the time. I only ended up working for one year before I made the decision to go back to school full time at the University of Texas.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Fruit Smoothies I make at home with strawberry protein powder
3. Apple slices dipped in peanut butter
4. Raw carrots and cauliflower dipped in ranch dip
5. Sour cream and onion Pringles (bad, I know)
Five Things On My To-Do List Today:
I love making lists and crossing things off. I can get obsessive about it. Five things is just a small, small, TINY section from my To Do List:
1. Finish putting together teacher gifts.
2. Change air filters in the house.
3. Arrange for Donny's friend to come visit from Austin.
4. Finish packaging the Pinkalicious Swap stuff
5. Schedule Donny's orthodonic imaging.
Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:
1. I'd buy a ranch, a huge ranch, in Texas.
2. I'd finish college (I only have a year left!) and have college funds for my kids.
3. I pay off all my own debt and my entire extended family's debts.
4. I'd donate to lots of charities and travel a LOT.
5. I'd buy an island and build a huge resort for all my family and friends to come visit.
Five Jobs I Have Had:
1. Lawyer's assistant
2. Childcare teacher to infants and toddlers
4. Writer (not paid though...)
Five of My Bad Habits:
2. Getting stressed out and raising my voice with the kids
3. Emotional eating
4. Being too passive
5. Passing gas and burping (hey, I live with boys)
Five Places I've Lived:
1. Kerrville, Texas
2. Austin, Texas
3. Salamanca, Spain (for one month)
4. Dallas, Texas
5. Suburb north of Dallas, Texas
6 People I Want To Get To Know Better (yes, this means you are tagged!)
1. Rae/Giggle at Giggles
2. Britgal Sarah at Brit Gal in the USA
3. Chatti Patti at Chatti Patti Strikes Again
4. Go Mommy at Ramblings of a 30-Something Mom
5. Jennifer at The Cotton Wife
Five Random Things:
1. That sticky ball is still hanging from our den ceiling.
2. I read constantly. I have a million books going all at once. I keep some in the bathroom, a couple in my purse, one in the car, and so on. I LOVE to read.
3. I studied Spanish and Latin in elementary, high school and college. I love languages. I can also understand and sort of speak a language my mother made up as a child. She spoke it to my older sisters when I was little, and I could never understand it. Now that I'm older, she taught it to me, so now I speak it and my kids have no idea what I'm saying. None of the men in our family know it, just the women.
4. My hair used to be white blonde and pretty straight, with slight waves, when I was younger...then it went darker and super, duper curly on me around my twenties! Very strange.
5. I know how to ride a horse, shoot a rifle and a shotgun, and have gone dam sliding more times than I can count.