1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of the post by posting links to their blogsites.
5. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.
6. And let your tagger know when your entry is up.
I've been tagged by Giggle, the creator of the Adventures of Rat Girl to do this meme, so here we go!
1. I had a pot belly pig in when I was in high school. I really wanted a puppy, but for some reason my mom talked me into getting a pig. I resisted. She took me to see them. Once I saw their adorable little faces, I knew I was lost, and I had to get one. We adopted Kory.
He had a little harness we attatched to a leash, so he could go on walks. He loved to have his belly rubbed. He would sit for food, follow us for food, pretty much do anything for food. He also would have marathon peeing sessions...once on our couch!
Every night he slept in my bed, burrowing under the covers. He was sweet and adorable and a wonderful pet!
2. I have never smoked or tried illegal drugs of any kind. I have only drank alcohol a handful of times. In fact, this is the ONLY picture I can find of myself with a beer in my hand. This photo is from when I was seventeen and in Salamanca, Spain where the drinking age was more like 16, rather than 21. I was always the designated driver at parties in high school. I just don't like losing control, I think.
3. When I was 12, I ran through a sliding glass door in our pool house and cut open my right hand. I ended up severing three and half tendons, was rushed to the ER by my mom, and had to have surgery. I then had to wear a brace for a long time and go through physical therapy to get the use back of that hand. I had to write with my left hand for a while, which was a mess. However, the bright side is that when I did get full use of my right hand again, my handwriting was somehow a lot, lot nicer than before the accident. I still have a wavy scar that goes the entire width of my hand. It's faded now, but you can still see it.
4. I started taking Latin in fifth grade at my elementary school, and fell in love with it immediately. I took it in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade...and all of high school. (I also took Spanish during this time period) I even took some Latin in college. Now, I want to pass this along to my sons, so I am starting to teach them Latin at home with the Minimus books.
5. My dad taught me to shoot a gun when I was like 9 or 10. I've gone both deer hunting, quail hunting and skeet shooting with him. For those of you who don't know, skeet shooting is done on a practice range, where clay pidgeons (they don't look like birds though, just clay discs) come flying out and you try to shoot them. It's a fun way to practice!
6. Finally, growing up, I had a floatation bed. It's different from a water bed. It's less watery, because you have a mattress between you and the water part...so you just have a slight rocking/floating sensation, compared to a super mushy water bed. It was awesome. Our live-in used to rock me to bed at night by lightly pushing the bed...
So, there you go! Six random facts about me. I'm not sure who to tag...let's go with:
And, if any of you don't want to do it, that's ok with me. I just feel obiligated to pass it along. :o) Enjoy!